Arts Council of the Valley’s April First Fridays Downtown options in-person occasions all through the month at a number of places, with different venues providing digital arts experiences – or some mixture of the 2.
A First Fridays Downtown interactive map offers data on every venue (valleyarts.org/first-fridays-map).
Arts experiences throughout April embody:
- Arts Incarnate (292 N. Liberty St.) is internet hosting Possum Radio April 16, 7-8:30 p.m. Go to artsincarnate.com/exhibitions to order free live performance tickets, or watch dwell on-line.
- Resort Madison & Shenandoah Valley Convention Middle (710 S. Major St.) options ORIGIN, an exhibition of pictures by Jason Starr.
- OASIS Superb Artwork & Craft (103 S. Major St.) will maintain an in-person opening reception throughout First Fridays Downtown, 5-8 p.m. for spring. The exhibition options works in quite a lot of mediums by OASIS members.
- The little Gallery Underground (JMU Music Library 880 S. Major St.) is open Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday, 9 a.m. to three p.m. Drawings by JMU college students are on show this month in Playlist: Wavelength. Contact JMU Parking (jmu.edu/parking) to park on campus. Or, go to on-line (fb.com/ThelittleGalleryUnderground).
- Smith Home Galleries (311 S. Major St.) opened an online-only exhibition March 29 (valleyarts.org/current-exhibition). Sponsored by the JMU Faculty of Artwork, Design and Artwork Historical past, Lingering provides a private exploration of the coronavirus pandemic by means of the eyes – and lens – of artist Pato Hebert, who documented his day by day walks in Los Angeles’ Elysian Park to restore his lungs whereas recovering from COVID-19.
- The Virginia Quilt Museum (301 S. Major St.) examines common Nineteen Sixties and Seventies coloration schemes and psychedelic music in Groovy Quilts and the Artwork Quilt Motion (youtu.be/F7-znlJjvg4). The museum can be open for in-person visits Tues-Sat, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wilson Downtown Gallery (83 S. Major St.) provides an opportunity to view watercolor and oil works by Rebecca Pence throughout enterprise hours (Mon-Fri, 9 am-5 pm) and on-line viewing at wilsondowntowngallery.com.
Different 2021 First Fridays Downtown collaborating venues embody: Dancing With Karen, Discover Extra Discovery Museum, Harrisonburg Baptist Church, Heritage Bakery & Cafe, Hess Monetary, Horizon Items, Look West Gallery @ The Mark-It, The Oliver Artwork Home (in Broadway), Park Gables Gallery at VMRC, Stressed Moons Brewing, Rockingham Circuit Courtroom Clerk’s Workplace, and Ten Thousand Villages.
Coordinated by ACV, First Fridays Downtown is a full-year group occasion, together with 20 collaborating venues and bringing arts experiences – just about and in-person – to lots of of individuals of all ages every first Friday. Assist is offered by ACV’s 2021 Cultivating the Arts Platinum Sponsors Kathy Moran Wealth Group, Matchbox Realty, and Riner Leases.